This product can only be purchased together with boxes of Oranges or Tangerines. As many kilos as you have chosen will be deducted from our citrus fruits.
Cherry tomato is a small and rounded fruit according to studies is a genetic mixture between Solanum pimpinellifolium and domesticated garden tomatoes.
The size of the cherry tomato varies from that of a fingertip and that of a golf ball. Its shape can be round or slightly obolonga. They can be red, orange, yellow, green and black.
The origin of cherry tomatoes dates back to Aztec Mexico, at least in the 15th century AD. The first tomatoes grown in Europe in the 16th century, were yellow.
Cherry tomatoes became popular in the United States and Europe at the beginning of the 20th century.
Small, red, fresh and full of properties and benefits for the human body. Cherry tomatoes that fruit, yes, despite what many people think, cherry tomatoes are a fruit since they are the product of a flower's ovary and have seeds inside.
Fruit or vegetables, the really important thing is the properties of cherry tomatoes.
- Tomatoes are red thanks to lycopene, which is the name given to the pigment that gives color to this fruit and which is also responsible for delaying the oxidation of cells. The highest concentration of this pigment is found in tomatoes.
- Vitamins and minerals A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, K and E, potassium, chlorine, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, sodium, iron, copper, zinc, iodine, cobalt, manganese, chromium, nickel and fluorine. Cherry tomatoes have a total of 8 vitamins and up to 16 different minerals.
- As we have said before, cherry tomatoes have a large amount of vitamin A, this greatly helps to improve vision and avoid visual diseases.
- Among the properties of cherry tomatoes, is to protect our skin against the sun's UV rays. In fact, tomato is one of the usual ingredients of anti aging facial creams.
- As we said before, cherry tomatoes contain lycopene which is the main agent against premature aging. In addition, it is also responsible for the anti oxidative stress protection that cells suffer.
- Cherry tomatoes contain a high percentage of water, which makes them a food perfectly compatible with slimming diets.
Cherry tomatoes generally have a sweeter taste than normal ones, while retaining their high nutritional value. It can adapt very well to different gastronomic dishes.
The cherry tomato perfectly combines both in salads, as in any other type of dish, tapa or skewer, it will be an ideal companion for its flavor, aroma and ornamental capacity.